How Do I Become a  
Go Back   How Do I Become a > Career Information > Job Profiles > Management and Planning > Housing Policy Officer

FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 05:10 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,020
Default Qualifications required to becoming a Housing Policy Officer

Formal qualifications are necessary for housing policy officers. Employers prefer candidates with basic degree in housing studies, social policy or town planning. Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH), Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and Royal Town Planning Institute offers authorized courses for housing policy officers. Work experience is equally important with academic qualifications. They need to have a thorough understanding on housing and government legislation policies. Work experience in housing or social policy as well as project management is an added advantage. Employed housing officers will be expected to undergo continues professional development. They have to remain updated with national and European Union housing policies. Attending short term courses, seminars and workshops, offered by the CIH can greatly help in career advancement. Employed officers working towards MA or Postgraduate Diploma in housing policy and management are highly regarded.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote

housing policy officer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0